Events from CPRE Hampshire
CPRE Hampshire holds events throughout the year to support a thriving countryside.
FREE online talk: Why did the hedgehog cross the road?
With Hugh Warwick from the British Hedgehog Preservation Society
Date: Tuesday 20th February 2024
Time: 7 to 8.30 pm
Hugh Warwick is an author, ecologist and spokesperson for the British Hedgehog Preservation Society. His talk, ‘Why did the hedgehog cross the road?’, will take a look into the impact of habitat fragmentation, the splitting up of our landscape into smaller and smaller pieces and how this impacts on the ability of the hedgehog to thrive. Drawing on the work from his book ‘Linescapes’ he will talk about the solutions that, should their be political will, could make all the difference.
Please keep checking this page or look out for details of events in the CPRE Hampshire e-newsletters, social media and publications of Hampshire Views.
- Hedge laying workshops
- Hedgerow Foraging Walks
- Bluebell Walk through ancient woodland in Ellisfield.
- A fundraising Quiz Night.
- An art exhibition raising funds for CPRE Hampshire.
- A free online talk with renowned hedgerow expert, Nigel Adams.
- The annual Autumn Supper with a talk from local cheese producer, Stacey Hedges.
- A private tour and tea of the established rose garden at Dummer House in Dummer.
To keep up-to-date with events news, keep checking back or subscribe to our regular e-newsletter for the latest details.