Your district group and planning
District groups are the face of CPRE Hampshire in your local area. With six district groups working across Hampshire, they monitor and influence local planning decisions affecting the countryside.
Other work district groups undertake includes campaigning on local issues of concern and taking practical action to help improve the local environment. They raise vital funds to support the work of CPRE Hampshire and help to champion their local countryside. Wherever you are in Hampshire, your local CPRE district group will be working away to help protect your green space.
The six district groups within CPRE Hampshire are:
- New Forest – this covers the area of New Forest District Council
- Test Valley – this covers the area of Test Valley Borough Council
- North Hampshire – this covers the area of Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council
- North East Hampshire – this covers the areas of Hart District Council and Rushmoor Borough Council
- South Downs and Central – this covers the areas of Winchester City Council and East Hampshire District Council
- South Hampshire – this covers the areas of Havant Borough Council, Fareham Borough Council, Eastleigh Borough Council, Gosport Borough Council, Portsmouth City Council and Southampton City Council
Each district group has a lead – find out who they are, more about them and how you can contact them.
District groups – can you help?
In order that we can keep doing all that we can for the countryside, we are always in need of help. Our district groups are always looking for new volunteers to help with a range of activities to make a real difference to the local countryside. If you have a spare few hours, want to help out at a local event or are interested in getting more heavily involved in issues such as planning or policy, we would love to hear from you.