Supporting parish councils
CPRE Hampshire, the countryside charity, works for a beautiful and thriving Hampshire countryside that all of us can enjoy. We work to promote, enhance and protect a thriving countryside in a positive and sustainable way.
CPRE membership for parish councils
Many Hampshire parish councils are already members. If your parish council isn’t, becoming a member of CPRE is the best way to support your local countryside and utilise the information and resources we have available. By registering your parish council as a CPRE member, together we can be more effective in protecting the Hampshire countryside and help support local communities for generations to come.
Parish councils join CPRE for a variety of reasons. The main one is that we provide a source of sensible and objective information on a full range of planning matters as well as issues such as light pollution, tranquility, litter and water. Often parishes turn to us when faced by a major, or unpopular planning application.
For just £60 a year, parish councils can benefit from CPRE’s invaluable range of online and print publications giving practical help and information on planning and countryside related issues.
Our full list of benefits include:
- Access to our expert and objective planning information and help:
- Responding to planning issues that could have an impact on the Hampshire countryside and its communities.
- Help with general planning queries and planning applications.
- Advice on neighbourhood planning.
- Influencing local plans and strategies at District level.
- Raising issues with MPs and other political candidates.
- Access to CPRE Hampshire’s online Planning Hub which contains 20 examples of papers outlining our Policies and position statements on a whole range of topics relevant to the countryside. Click here to see an example of one of these covering Renewable Energy.
- Access to CPRE Nationals Planning Help website including access to reports, government documents and a glossary of planning terms.
- Access to:
- Relevant conferences, seminars and workshops tailored to your requirements.
- Links to a friendly, helpful and knowledgeable local group working in your area.
- Free regular copies of CPRE’s campaigning publication, Fieldwork, full of campaign news and events from around the country as well as useful tips on how to take action.
- Countryside Voice national CPRE magazine, three times a year.
- Twice yearly Hampshire Views newsletter and other regular updates detailing local campaigns and activities.
- A variety of exciting and flexible volunteering opportunities.
Help us protect our precious Hampshire countryside by joining as a member today.