Supporting Parish Councils
CPRE Hampshire – Supporting Parish Councils
CPRE Hampshire, the countryside charity, works for a beautiful and thriving Hampshire countryside that all of us can enjoy. We are passionate about the countryside and believe in positive and sustainable action that enables more people to access the countryside and plan new building, with the countryside and its communities in mind.
Many Hampshire Parish Councils are already members. If your Parish Council isn’t, becoming a member of CPRE is the best way to support your local countryside and utilise the information and resources we have available. By registering your Parish Council as a CPRE member, together we can be more effective in protecting the Hampshire countryside and help support local communities for generations to come.
Parish Councils join CPRE for a variety of reasons. The main one is that we provide a source of sensible and objective information on a full range of planning matters as well as issues such as light pollution, tranquility, litter and water. Often parishes turn to us when faced by a major, or unpopular planning application.
For just £36.00 a year, Parish Councils can benefit from CPRE’s invaluable range of online and print publications giving practical help and information on planning and countryside related issues.
Our full list of benefits include:
- Expert and objective planning information and help:
- Responding to issues that could have an impact on the Hampshire countryside and its communities.
- Helping with general planning queries, planning applications, Neighbourhood Plans and Local Plans.
- Influencing local planning decisions and strategies at district and regional level.
- Raising issues with MPs and influencing the planning system.
- Access to CPRE Hampshire’s online Planning Hub.
- Access to CPRE Nationals Planning Help website including access to government documents and a glossary of planning terms.
- Relevant conferences, seminars and workshops tailored to your requirements.
- Links to a friendly, helpful and knowledgeable local group working in your area.
- Free regular copies of CPRE’s campaigning publication, Fieldwork, full of campaign news and events from around the country as well as useful tips on how to take action.
- Countryside Voice national CPRE magazine, three times a year.
- Twice yearly Hampshire Views newsletter and other regular updates detailing local campaigns and activities.
- Discounted entry to over 200 houses and gardens across England, including Hampshire Cultural Trust properties.
- 10% discount on full price products from Cotswold Outdoor (15% discount for CPRE volunteers).
- A variety of exciting and flexible volunteering opportunities.
Help us protect our precious Hampshire countryside by joining as a member today.