Use Your Expertise and Time to Volunteer
We need to recruit more active volunteers who believe in what we are trying to achieve and are prepared to get involved.
Our former chairman (John Venning) introduced the notion of volunteering à la carte. Rather than feel you have to over-commit to support a wide range of activities or join a committee, volunteers can now be selective as to which activity or campaign to support. Much can now be done via email without attending meetings and those who espouse a particular cause can contribute directly.
Make A Difference In Your Community
Below are some specific examples highlighted in our 2011 Hampshire Views newsletter:
- Membership parties - Two successful evenings, organised by a CPRE member, were held in the Soberton area. Read more...
- Become our 'Eyes and Ears' in your area: Give us early warning of unwelcome developments. Read more...
- Recruit a friend: Our best recruiters are our members who have friends who care about the Hampshire countryside. Read more...
- Camilla Swiderska (see photo left): Camilla explains how she found voluntary work for CPRE both flexible and rewarding. Read more...
Find the Type of Volunteering that's Right For You
Our volunteering opportunities generally fall into four categories.
Supporting your local group
Examples of this type of work include:
- Helping with social and fund-raising events
- Becoming involved in local campaigns, such as Save Barton Farm
- Organising visits, e.g. to sustainable farms or conservation schemes
- Finding interesting speakers for evening meetings
See list of local groups to find the group nearest you. Also read what volunteer Lizzie Laird says about helping with events.
Contribute to the work of one the four county-wide groups
The four groups that operate across the county are:
Contribute to specific campaigns
If you have an interest or experience in a specific facet of our work, then you may like to contribute your expertise towards a specific campaign. Recent high profile campaigns have included Stop The Drop (anti-litter), developing a sustainable transport kit, providing inputs to local plans, Stop Fareham New Town, decluttering rural roads. You can find details of these activities and all the others in the - What We Do section.
Provide support to the county office
Our county office at Martyr Worthy near Winchester can always do with a helping hand (or brain!). Whether it's volunteering at an event, helping to run a raffle or providing help with our website, the range of options is endless.
If you tell us what you've interested in, we will do our best to find you a project. Volunteering can be once a year, a month or as much time as you are prepared to give. Help us to stand up for your countryside by volunteering. Please contact Becky French or Anthony McEwen to discuss the volunteering opportunities. We would love to hear from you!
Look out for this icon across the site, to see opportunities to help our work.
If you think you can spare some time to help, please contact the relevant local group, county-wide group or the county office on 01962 779185. Or you can complete the volunteer interest form (doc version - pdf version) and return it to us by email or post.
We would be delighted to hear from you!
This page last updated 16th April 2012.