County and Office News
A Year of Challenges and Progress
Christopher Napier, chair of Planning and Policy, presented a review of the year for CPRE Hampshire at its Annual General Meeting on 28th May 2013. Planning featured heavily in his talk, with topics such as the National Planning Policy Framework, Local Plans (district and city councils) and Community Planning. Also covered were finances, membership and staff changes.
New Leadership, CPRE Hampshire
Following the retirement of Anthony McEwen, CPRE Hampshire is pleased to announce the appointment of Michael Rescorle as CPRE Hampshire Director. On his appoinment he said:
"As a son of a Cornish farmer and an enthusiastic user of our countryside for walking, cycling, fishing and general sightseeing, I fully support everything CPRE has done and is doing to ensure our beautiful countryside is preserved and enhanced. The countryside is invaluable."
The following are items of news affecting how CPRE Hampshire is organised and about developments at the county office and changes of staff.
- Director's Review. Director Anthony McEwen reviews the past year. Topics include planning, partnerships, funding and membership (May 2012)
- New from Bridgetts Farm Office. Jo George provides updates about our website, our Facebook page and ways you can support us. (May 2012)
- Membership information. Welcome to new members. Securing our future. (May 2012)
- Setting Course for the Future. Director Anthony McEwen describes the results of a one day workshop which explored the challenges and opportunities for CPRE Hampshire (April 2011)
- Update from County Office. Jo George highlights what's kept the team busy recently, including organising events, managing membership and the '500 club' (April 2011)
- Director's Progress Report. Anthony McEwen reflect on his progress and ambitions aftger his first six months in the post (December 2010)
- A Note From Becky.... An update on changes to the local groups structure, campaigning successes and opportunities for volunteering (Spring 2010)
- All Change at the Branch Office. Details of the retirement of Pam Mason, the move to Bridgett's Farm and the apppointment of Anthony McEwen as our new Director and Joanne George as our new administrator (June 2010)
- John Venning - A Tribute. The untimely death of our chairman and how his work continues to help CPRE Hampshire (November 2009)
- Office News by Becky French. Comments on our new Countryside & Design Awards, the launch of the newsletter and the challenge of fundraising (April 2009)
- Lucy Stirling, our new fund-rasier. Lucy provides a profile of herself and her task to develop a fund-raising plan for CPRE Hampshire (April 2009)
This page last updated 25th September 2013.