CPRE Hampshire has six local groups who monitor planning and countryside policies, and organise events and fund-raising activities in their area. A key activity for all groups is responding to consultations on local plans and getting to grips with the impact of localism.
Latest (May 2013). Each group has provided updates on their activites during the last year. These are currently being added to the respective group links below.
The six current local groups are as follows
- New Forest Group - New Forest National Park and parts of west and south-west Hampshire
- North East Hampshire Group - covers areas of Hart District Council and Rushmoor Borough Council
- North Hampshire Group - covers area of Basingstoke & Deane District Council
- South Downs and Central Group - covers South Downs National Park and areas to north and west not covered by North and North East Hamshire groups
- South Hampshire Group - covers South Hampshire Sub-region, viz. Portsmouth, Fareham, Gosport and Southampton
- Test Valley Group - covers area of Test Valley Borough Council.
Group Restructuring (Spring 2010)
In Spring 2010 our local group structure was re-organized to align more closely with the boundaries of the South Downs National Park and the government's South Hampshire Sub-Region planning area. As a result a new group - the South Downs & Central - was formed, comprising the Hampshire part of the South Downs National Park and the remaining parts of the former East and Mid Hampshire groups. In addition, a new South Hampshire District Group now covers the area of the South Hampshire Sub-Region.
The page 'A New Way of Working' gives more information about this restructuring. Details of the local groups are shown below. A comparison table shows the relationship of our current groups to the former district groups.
This page last updated 13th May 2013.