Events Programme - 2015
We have recently launched our 2015 Events Programme. This provides a mixture of social events, indoor meetings and visits to places of interest. There are more than ever this year as we have included events run by district groups and other organisations which have opened specific events to CPRE members. An overview of the programme is shown below or you can download the full programme (PDF, 4 pages, last updated 17 Mar 2015)
The Country Land and Business Association run a countrywide annual programme of events and talks, which are related to rural business and the countryside. CPRE members are very welcome to join activities - see the CLA events list (external link).
Forthcoming 2015 Events
To make a booking please contact the event organiser listed in brackets. Further details will be found in the 4-page events programme leaflet (PDF).
- Tues 31st Mar - ‘Energy and the Countryside – should we be worried about fracking?’, Caroline Dibden. 8pm Northbrook Hall, Micheldever (The Dever Society, open to CPRE members)
- Thur 16 Apr - Visit to Morris Singer Bronze Foundry at Lasham Airfield. Contact Ed Dawson for details (North East Hampshire Group).
- Fri 24 Apr - CPRE Hampshire AGM and talk by Su Sayer CBE, CPRE Chair on ‘CPRE’s successes and why protecting the countryside is important’. 11am Itchin Abbas & Avington Village Hall (CPRE Hampshire) - see news for AGM agenda.
- Sat 16 May - ‘Close Shave and High Heels’, a music fund-raising event. 6.30pm, The Barn, Swallick Farmhouse, Winslade; tickets limited so book soon! Download the flyer (PDF)
- Thur 21 May - North Hampshire Group AGM, Malshanger Club
- Sat 30 May - Ashley Manor Open Garden, Ashley nr Up Somborne. 2pm-5pm. CPRE Members only; limited numbers (Test Valley Group) - see flier :: booking form
- Wed 10 Jun - Visit to Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. Details later (North East Hampshire Group)
- Mon 13 July - Canal trip at Odiham. 2.30pm, Colt Hill Wharf, Odiham, Basingstoke Canal (Test Valley Group) - see flier :: booking form
- Thur 23 July - Private tour of Hambledon Vineyard. 2-3.30pm. CPRE members. Limited nukbers (CPRE Hampshire)
- Thur 17 Sept - Visit to FAST (Farnborough Air Sciences Trust) Museum at Farnborough. Details later (North East Hampshire Group)
- Fri 9 Oct - Rural conference. 10am Sparsholt College. Details later
- Thur 22 Oct - Quiz Night. 7pm Itchen Abbas & Avinbgton Village Hall (South Downs & Central Group) - Download the flyer (PDF)
- Fri 6-Sun 8 Nov - Art Exhibition at The Barn at Swallick Farmhouse, Winslade. Organised in conjunction with CPRE Hampshire. More details later.
- Thur 12 Nov - Quiz Night. 7pm East Meon Village Hall (South Downs & Central Group) - Download the flyer (PDF)
We are looking for some help with our events. We usually hold two large events a year and there are a number of smaller district events you could get involved in. Activities could include, help setting up the event, advertising, logistics on the evening such as setting up, serving drinks or selling raffle tickets. It doesn’t matter how much time you have to offer, we’d love to hear from you. We will very much work around you and any reasonable expenses can be claimed back.
To find out more or to offer help, please telephone Janet Dornan on 01962 841897 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent Events (2015)
Fri 27th Mar - ‘Farming and the Hampshire Countryside’, Douglas Paterson. Talk at Test Valley Group AGM) - read press release
Tue 3rd Feb - 'CPRE and a Vision for the Countryside', Talk to the Portchester Society by Christopher Napier
Full details of our 2014 'Walks and Talls' events are on the events pages (PDF) of our Spring/Summer newsletter (note change of date for East of Eden lecture). An overview is shown below.
Wed 3rd Sept - Visit to Oaks Havant crematorium to see ancient woodland and rare heathland species.
Thurs 24th July - tour and visit to Bramshill House and walled garden - pictures of the visit coming soon
Thu 3rd July - A tour of The Wildlife Trust’s restoration project at Abbotts Barton streams in Winnall Moors Wildlife Reserve - see details and photo
Wed 25th June - Visit to Butterfly Conservation Site at Magdalen Hill Down, near Winchester. 10.30am. Bring a picnic.
Wed 11th June - Visit to Greywell Hill (CPRE members only). Organised by North East Hampshire Group. From 10.30am, followed by lunch.
Tue 20th May - Coach trip to the Petworth Estate (National Trust). Picks up from Andover 8.30am, Romsey 9.30am.
Fri 16th May: AGM at Itchen Abbas Hall. The chairman's report described the year as one of change and challenge. The AGM was followed by a talk by Karin Taylor, Head of Land Use and Planning at the National Trust. Read the chairman's report.
Tues 10th Apr: CPRE expert Caroline Dibden talked on Fracking in Hampshire at Elizabeth Hall, Hook. She went through the geology, exploration and extraction and described the implications for environment, water supplies, infrastructure etc. Click on the thumbnail for a copy of Caroline's slides (PDF:4mb) or read the talk synopsis
Thurs 27th Feb: Sir Andrew Motion visited CPRE Hampshire. As well as an evening lecture he also met local schoolchildren and launched a poetry competition.
- Fri 11th Oct: The Amazon - An Environmental Crisis for us all; lecture by Professor Sir Ghillean Prance. Read press release and flyer
- Sun 22nd Sep: 'All Aboard' - a musical afternoon of sea-faring tradition. Read press release and poster (PDF)
- Thurs 4th July 2pm: A visit to Avington Park, including a barrel organ recital - read visit report.
- Wed 26th June 2pm: Sustainable farming for wildlife - Trinley Farm Estate Visit, near Smannell just outside Andover -read visit report.
- Tues 11th June: A look at a rural business - visit to a wildflower farm near Basingstoke.
- Tues 28th May: Annual General Meeting, Holiday Inn Winchester. A new president, awards and an interesting talk - read press release (3 June) - also annual review 2012-13.
- Tues 21st May: Avebury Manor. Coach trip leaving Andover at 8.30am.
- Thur 9th May: An exclusive visit to Rotherfield Park, Gardens, reception (sponsored by Alastair Nugent Vintner) and a talk: 'Churchill's sculptor' by Lady Aurelia Young - read report and post-visit press release.
- Thur 9th May: The Future of Water Resources in Hampshire. A visit to Testwood Lakes - read visit report.
- Thurs 11th Apr 1pm: Trip to Minley Manor (near Yately) - flyer (PDF) and press release
- Wed 27th Mar: Bombay Sapphire - at Laverstoke Mill. A visit to the new Bombay Gin UK operations headquarters.
Our events archive gives you a good flavour of events of the last few years, including reports of some of the visits.