Use Your Expertise and Time to Volunteer
We need to recruit more active volunteers who believe in what we are trying to achieve and are prepared to get involved.
Our former chairman (John Venning) introduced the notion of volunteering à la carte. Rather than feel you have to over-commit to support a wide range of activities or join a committee, volunteers can now be selective as to which activity or campaign to support. Much can now be done via email without attending meetings and those who espouse a particular cause can contribute directly.
Find the Type of Volunteering that's Right For You
Our volunteering opportunities generally fall into four categories:
- Administrative and event support at our county office at Martyr Worthy near Winchester - see below
- Support your local group, e.g. in local campaigns, social events, fund-raising - see list of groups; read what volunteer Lizzie Laird says about helping with events
- Contribute to the work of one the four county-wide groups - Planning & Rural Group, Transport Campaign Group, Campaigning Management Group and Fundraising & Social Group.
- Contribute to specific campaigns - see campaign pages
Look out for this icon across the site, to see opportunities to help our work.
We would be delighted to hear from you!
Some Specific Examples
Activities you might like to get involved with include:
- volunteering at an event
- helping to run a raffle
- being our 'eyes and ears' in your area
- helping with our sustainable transport toolkit
- the list is endless...
If you tell us what you've interested in, we will do our best to find you a project. Volunteering can be once a year, a month or as much time as you are prepared to give. Help us to stand up for your countryside by volunteering. Please contact Becky French or Anthony McEwen to discuss the volunteering opportunities. We would love to hear from you!
Some current opportunities
The following are just some of the general and local opportunities that we have. Look out on our campaign pages for more.
Are you interested in becoming involved in planning, but don't know
where to begin? Well this is your chance.
Opportunity: We are looking for individuals that have an interest in local planning to help deal with issues in specific areas of the District.
Training: We are offering planning training for all those wishing to become involved. This will offer guidance and support on the local planning system and to teach people about the CPRE policies and procedures that informs planning decisions.
Benefits: Volunteers will be supported by their local groups and by county office - providing support and information to new volunteers.
Assistant Press Officer
Do you want to hone your reporting skills? Are you keen to make
more use of your camera?
Opportunity: to report on various CPRE events and initiatives.
Tasks: to visit events, interview the participants and write a short illustrated report.
Training: a 2 hour training session is offered covering reporting procedures and advice on the types of photographs required.
Dates: depending on your commitments and the campaign/events schedule.
Benefits: this is an ideal opportunity to gain PR experience as well exercise your skills; travel expenses can also be claimed.
Hampshire Show Team
We need a team of 'Show Stoppers'
Opportunity: to help the group attend County shows with displays and information and provide a link between CPRE and the public.
Tasks: help design show presentation, transport equipment, 'man' the CPRE stall and provide information to the public.
Training: we will provide briefi ngs on our aims and objectives, information on our campaigns and local issues for all those new volunteers.
Benefits: opportunity to attend County shows, discounted tickets available for some shows.
- Bid writers for grant applications
- CPRE representative for water-related issues
- Website monitor to spend time looking through our website and identifying out-of date material (can be done at home, or in Branch Office with Broadband facility)
- Participation in project to produce our own Christmas cards and notelets
We have vacancies for committee members and other roles in the following local groups:
- New Forest & Southampton: chairman, secretary, planning monitors
- North Hants: social / fundraising volunteers
- South Hants & Solent: chairman, secretary, planning monitors
If you are interested in any of the above roles, please do not hesitate to contact the relevant local group. or talk to Becky at out main office.
This page last updated 28th February 2011.