CPRE Hampshire has six local groups who monitor planning and countryside policies, and organise events and fund-raising activities in their area. In Spring 2010 our local group structure was re-organized to align more closely with the boundaries of the South Downs National Park and the government's South Hampshire Sub-Region planning area. As a result a new group - the South Downs & Central - was formed, comprising the Hampshire part of the South Downs National Park and the remaining parts of the former East and Mid Hampshire groups. In addition, a new South Hampshire District Group now covers the area of the South Hampshire Sub-Region.
The page 'A New Way of Working' gives more information about this restructuring. Details of the local groups are shown below. A comparison table shows the relationship of our current groups to the former district groups.
The six current local groups are as follows
- New Forest Group - New Forest National Park and parts of west and south-west Hampshire
- North East Hampshire Group - covers areas of Hart District Council and Rushmoor Borough Council
- North Hampshire Group - covers area of Basingstoke & Deane District Council
- South Downs and Central Group - covers South Downs National Park and areas to north and west not covered by North and North East Hamshire groups
- South Hampshire Group - covers South Hampshire Sub-region, viz. Portsmouth, Fareham, Gosport and Southampton
- Test Valley Group - covers area of Test Valley Borough Council.
This page last updated 20th December 2010.