Walks and Talks Programme
We have had a series of successful events this year and are already planning events for 2012. To get a flavour of what might be on offer, see earlier events (below) or download Autumn 2011 Walks and Talks flyer (PDF).
To reserve a place on any of these events please complete a booking form (PDF version - Word version) and return to the office. There is more information on these events on pp15-16 of Hampshire Views No. 3
The Country Land and Business Association run a countrywide annual programme of events and talks, which are related to rural business and the countryside. CPRE members are very welcome to join activities - see the CLA events list (external link).
Earlier Events (2011)
- Fri 4th Nov: Quiz Night at East Meon Village Hall with top London Quizmaster Richard Hilliard
- Wed 2nd Nov: North Hampshire Autumn Supper with talk by Professor Sir Ghillean Prance
- Tues 11th Oct: Visit to Bowman's Brewery (plus optional supper).
- Tues 27th Sept: Managing Tarmac operations within the sensitive countryside environment.
- Sun 10th July: A special performance of The Magic Flute by Oyster Opera at Bedales School - see description and flyer
- Sun 19th June: Open Garden at Ashley Manor - a garden with stunning views, wildlife pond, wildflower meadow and Victorian glasshouse
- Wed 15 June: Coach trip to Brownsea Island - a Wooded National Trust Estate with stunning scenery
- Thurs 19th May: 'Summer Sunday' - performance of a choral cantata by Joseph Horowitz - see poster (PDF)
- Thurs 12th May: CPRE Hampshire AGM at Itchen Abbas Village Hall from 11am. After the AGM there will be talks by Timothy Bowles on CPRE's new branding and Mike Rushworth of Vitacress Salads on 'The Challenges for Rural Businesses'.
- Tues 10th May: Combined visit to Alton's Material Recycling Facility and Little Busy Warren Copse Composting site - see details
Full details of our 2010 events can be seen in our 2010 Walks and Talks leaflet.
- Wed 10th November - seminar for parish councils and amenity groups - read report.
- Wed 3rd November - a fungal foray in the New Forest - see press release
- Fri 3rd September - horse-drawn barge cruise on the Kennet & Avon canal
- Wed 18th August - People and Places in Portsmouth
- Sat 17th July - a guided walk around the 7,000 acre Southwick Estate near Fareham
- Thurs 10th June - A guided visit to the Vitacress watercress beds and revitalised water meadow at St. Mary Bourne
- Wed 12th May - coach trip to Kew Gardens
- Thurs 15th April - a guided tour around Portsmouth with the emphasis on personalities - see above
- Wed 31st March - a celebratory party on the eve of the opening of the South Downs National Park
- Sat 8th May - a walk on the Isle of Wight starting with the Portsmouth to Fishbourne passenger ferry
Our event reports page gives you a good flavour of events of the last few years, including reports of some of the visits.
This page last updated 6th December 2011.