This is our archived website (2005-10).
|home | about | news | events | campaigns | press | links | get involved | contact us|
|SHUV (South Hampshire's Unheard Voices)|
SE Plan Response
SHUV (South Hampshire's Unheard Voices) is an alliance of community groups (see list below) that has been set up to fight the Regional Assembly's plan to build 80,000 homes in south Hampshire.
Caroline Dibden and Claire Smith, organisers of SHUV, at Funtley on 16th May. They are standing in front of the area that would be built on.
The alliance will cover the same area as PUSH, the Partnership for Urban South Hampshire, a coalition of councils from Havant to Southampton, which drafted the south Hampshire section for the regional assembly.
1. Act as an information forum about the South East Plan's impact on the South Hampshire Sub Region.
2. Prepare a strategic coordinated SHUV response to South East Plan.
3. Prepare general points people can include in their own localised responses to South East Plan.
4. Work with BBC Radio Solent, and television stations re. strategic overview.
5. Work with local press and radio re local angles.
6. Assist people with their responses, provide advice as required.
7. Gain public support for SHUV.
8. Gain as many members as possible from the whole sub-region area.
To join the SHUV e-mailing list, please send an email to email@example.com and you will be informed as to how to receive emails that update you on SHUV's activities.
Catherington Village Residents Association
Gosport and Fareham
Catisfield Village Association
Portsmouth & Havant
Emsworth Residents Association
Bramshaw Parish Council
Campaign to Protect Rural England - Hampshire Branch (CPRE Hampshire)
SHUV is being advised by The Empty Homes Agency.
This page last updated 12th June 2006
Registered Charity No: 245967
Tel: 01962 779185 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org